Firefox Extensions I cannot live Without

A little over a week ago Google released their browser named Chrome. I love Google and all but I didn't like the idea of a browser. I just think that having their own browser means that other browsers are going to lack Google support eventually. Having a new product to develop means there will be some slacking with their other products. And, that's one more browser entering the unnecessary Browser Wars.
Since everyone has been blogging about Chrome ever since the release, I decided to talk about Firefox instead. Here is the list of Firefox Extensions I cannot live without:
  • StumbleUpon Discovers web sites based on your interests. I had no idea how HUGE the web was untill I installed this extension and started playing with it. Just sign up, fill in the information about what your interested about, install the extension and start Stumbling!
  • ReaditLater Whenever you land/Stumble on a page that you want to read but might not neccesarily want to bookmark, add it to your readitlater list. If you use more than one computer, this extension can be installed on each of them and will keep the list current accross your computers.
  • Foxmarks Again if you use many machines, foxmarks will keep your bookmarks synchronised accross all of them seamlessly. You can even access your bookmarks online if you are on a lab computer or something similar.
  • DownThemAll Ever been on a page with 20 pictures that you wanted to download? Instead of going through each of them one by one, just DownThemAll!
  • Cooliris Formerly known as Piclens, this extension makes browsing(pics and vids) a wonderful 3D experience. Check it out, trust me, you will never look at Facebook pictures the same way again!
I know there are plenty of great extensions out there that I did not mention. I would love to hear about what you guys(the readers) use. Let me know in the comments.


2 Response to "Firefox Extensions I cannot live Without"

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

Hi Raphsabb,

Thank you for including Cooliris in your post! We truly appreciate it. We're delighted to hear that you are enjoying Cooliris and we hope your readers will too.

Interested readers can check out the full spectrum of Cooliris features at http://cooliris.com/demo and please stay tuned for more exciting developments.

Thanks again,
Luna and The Cooliris Team

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

@luna, no problem at all. Its a killer app and I know the readers will like it once they try it out.

Post a Comment