Aurora: The Future of the Web?

Ever wonder what the web will look like years from now?
Jesse James Garrett (the guy who coined the term AJAX) designed and narrated part one of a video series demonstrating what the future of the web might look like.Check the video out below and let me know what you think.


Aurora (Part 1) from Adaptive Path on Vimeo.


4 Response to "Aurora: The Future of the Web?"

gravatar
Unknown Says:

There are definitely some interesting ideas presented here. I like the ability to work with data cooperatively, but the majority of web users that I know (myself included) don't visit data-driven websites very often. This seems like it would work best with academics or scientists. Also, as a power user, some of the animations seem either too slow or just unnecessary to me.

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

Yea, i dont think they have a concrete plan yet. But they are defiinately exploring. Did you check the second video? It seems more geared towards people like us.

gravatar
Unknown Says:

I did watch the second one and although very VERY cool, the paranoid side of me flared up and said, "do I really want the internets knowing where I am all the time?" From a convenience and usability standpoint, it's obviously awesome, but from a privacy and maybe security standpoint, it seems like it could be very dangerous, especially in the wrong hands.
But still very cool.

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

Well, yea it would be invading your privacy but I think it's too late for that.

I mean, come on man! They are already plenty of phones that do that these days. We're just not completely aware of it. But yea like you said pretty cool stuff...

Post a Comment