How to Add Your Miro Content to Boxee

If you use Miro as your TiVo for Internet Video and the previously mentioned Boxee, read on.
I have Miro installed on my Mac Mini and I've been using it for a while now. Miro has a lot of video content and the coolest factor(for me) is that you can create dynamic, keyword-based channels. For example: I have a YouTube channel with the keywords: fc barcelona, football, soccer. I can navigate to that channel and download the videos that I wish to watch. The cool part is that from the moment the channel is set, Miro will automatically download new uploaded videos that match my keywords. I can watch them, delete them or let Miro delete them after a "user-defined" amount of days.
Anyways, I got Boxee setup like two weeks ago on my linux-based laptop and I'm in love. I realized that there was no need to watch my vids on Miro anymore if I was able to get Boxee to grab them. This is obviously easier if your Miro setup is on the same machine as your Boxee. But if it isn't, this is what you do:
Make sure the computer running Miro has sharing enabled.
Make sure the folder with the Miro content is being shared.

In Boxee: Goto Video-->My Videos-->Network Sources-->Add New Source
If your machine is not listed, then enter the ip address manually. Make sure you specify username and password if that's needed to access your shares. Once you are able to get in, select the appropriate folder, name it and select update.

Here is what the process will look like in Boxee:


No Response to "How to Add Your Miro Content to Boxee"

Post a Comment