Add your Facebook Events and Birthdays to Google Calendar

Happy New Year everyone!

During this time of the year, everyone normally makes resolutions and tries to organize their life more. So I'm here to help with a little calendar optimization(if you don't already use a calendar shame on you). I love facebook's birthday reminders but since I don't log on everyday, sometimes I miss some of my friends birthdays. The people over at fbcal thought the same way I did so they made an application to remedy the situation. With fbcal you can add your friends birthdays and even your facebook events to a calendar of your choice(they support almost all of them).

To set it up with google calender goto fbcal and follow their guideline. When you get to the last step click on the google calendar button. You will then be redirected to your google calendar. You will be asked to add the calendar(click to add) and you are all set. You can go and change the color of the feed and you can even set it up to email you reminders everyday. For more google calendar tricks and tips, come back next week or subscribe to the blog. Don't forget to leave questions and/or comments.


13 Response to "Add your Facebook Events and Birthdays to Google Calendar"

gravatar
The Aesthetic Leo Says:

Okay now, this is a pretty dope app. And is actually going to come in REALLY handy!!!!

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

Hi there, thanks that's great but how can I also sync this to my pocketpc (windows mobile) calendar, it will add my calendar appointments but not the fbcal events or birhtdays..any ideas?? -I dont have outlook either
Thanks

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

@OneTen Ur welcome.

@Anonymous To answer your question, I have to ask you one: What calendar are you using?

Because if you are only using google calendar online, you will need to start using something locally(on your desktop). Thats the only way to sync stuff to your phone. I believe outlook express is free, you can also look at sunbird or thunderbird from mozilla. Once you make your choice, let me know and I can point you to the next app you will need to get the stuff to your phone.

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

That's pretty cool: I have to give u that: Good thinking
God knows u'll need it a whole lot hun: lol~~~~

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

I'm using google calendar but obviously want access to all my events on my windows mobile calendar as well. I'm using gmobile sync which is great for adding all my google calendar events to my windows mobile and viceversa but it won't add my facebook birthdays or events as these come under other calenders on google cal.
Cheers
Yes I do have Outlook Express

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

I was going to point you to google mobile sync!
I have a WinMo phone so I will try it tonight and let you know because it should work...

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

Ok here is an article that shows how to do it with Outlook,http://tinyurl.com/4flkps, in the article he sets up his facebook events, so just replace that with your facebook birthdays if thats what you were trying to do.

I'll get back to you about gmobile sync later.

Good Luck

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

@anonymous
Ok so my phone is not supported...Let me know if the link I gave you helps, otherwise I will look further into it.

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

I'm not that keen to use Outlook really as I love being able to sync instantly from my mobile phone when Im out and about and add things to it or if Im at work and checking google calendar and obviuosly can't access outlook because its on my home pc, I basically want to keep using gmobilesync exactely how I am it but want the fb events and birthdays to show on my win mob phone hmmmm.
Also what sthe dif between gSyncit and googel calendar sync?? I know they both use outlook but I'll have to see if either or both will show up my fb events/bd's on my mob phone.
THanks for you help, will let you know how I get on :-)

gravatar
KONDETI DIVYA TEJA Says:

i dunno i tried but.....the birthdays couldnt add into my calender ny soln

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

What exactly did you try doing? And what calendar are you trying to add these events to?

gravatar
rahul Says:

hi
i hav been trying to add fbcal to my google calender, now the calender is added but i donot see any birthdays on it. i can see orkut birthdays, my contacts birthdays but not the fbcal, i tried removin and addin the fbcal many times but i still m nt able to see birthdays.. i hav followed every step shown on fbcal but donot know where i m goin wrong.. can u help me??

gravatar
Skalman Says:

I have the exact same problem as rahul...

Post a Comment