Google Calendar Tips and Tricks

I found out, after last week's post, that many of my gmail friends don't even know about goggle calendar. So here I am to bring them a little information on a great product. GC(google calendar) is an awesome tool given to you free of charge. It is especially designed for people like me, who cannot remember jack. If you have a gmail account or any account with google, you automatically have access to your own calendar. You can add events, share calendars between friends/groups/co-workers/etc. . You can even search for public calendars to add to your own.

For example: I love the UEFA Champions League. But I always found myself missing alot of games because football is not a big deal in the US(the games aren't advertised on TV or anything). Some time last year, I added a Champions League public calendar that I found and I have never missed a game ever since.
Go Barça!!!!
I also add public calendars of my favorite TV shows that way I dont have to search through the net to find out when they start or end.


You can setup GC to send you an email or even an SMS to remind you of anything you have on your calendar. The best for me is the "Daily Agenda" feature. I get all my reminders for the day bunched up together in one email everyday at 7AM. What more do you need?

If you've never given GC a try, or you have but never really checked all it's features, try it out sometime this weekend. I don't think you will be disappointed. Send me an email or comment if you are having trouble with your calendar setup. And don't forget to subscribe to the blog if you like the content. Thanx


6 Response to "Google Calendar Tips and Tricks"

gravatar
Lee Says:

Hey,

Could you please tell me what the url is to the Champions League public calendar.

Thanks
Lee

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

Here is the XML link: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/on4it.net_p0bjjdei5ka3bsesn7sqc2d9as%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

If you need another format just let me know

gravatar
Evan Says:

too bad they removed the ability to search for public calendars.

gravatar
raphsabb Says:

Yea I kno I dont see y it would b an issue tho

gravatar
Raj Says:

UEFA Chamions League 2013-14 URL http://calendars.uefa.com/ics.php?lang=en&league=ucl&teamId=ucl-52280,ucl-50080,ucl-50037,ucl-50050,ucl-52758,ucl-50067,ucl-50139,ucl-52682,ucl-74069,ucl-50058,ucl-50064,ucl-52747,ucl-50051,ucl-57388,ucl-52707,ucl-52268&reminder=none&reminder-

gravatar
Raj Says:

You will find Manchester United (Go Reds!) 2013-14 fixtures GCal link here... http://www.dnngarden.com/Manchester-United-fixtures.T109.aspx

Post a Comment